History of Law Firm
Daly & Sorenson, LLC was originally founded in 1938 by Earl Dunlap. Mr. Dunlap was joined by William Watt in 1960. In 1972, John Daly joined the firm with Michael Maycock joining them in 1974. Mr. Dunlap and Mr. Watt both retired from the firm shortly thereafter. Mr. Burke joined the firm in 1977 where it was known as Burke, Daly & Maycock. Charlie Anderson joined the firm in 1976. Over time the firm evolved to become Daly, Maycock, Anderson and Taylor.
Michael Maycock left the firm thereafter to become the Campbell County Attorney. Ms. Taylor left the firm to start her own firm, and Mr. Anderson left in 1995 to become the Gillette, City Attorney.
John Daly then maintained a solo practice until he was joined by his son, Tad Daly, in 1996. Patrick Davidson joined the firm in 1998. They were the current shareholders and partners of Daly Law Associates, LLC until Matthew Sorenson joined the firm in 2003 and became a shareholder in 2008. To reflect the change in ownership, the firm changed its name to Daly, Davidson & Sorenson, LLC on January 1, 2009. On October 31, 2014 Patrick G. Davidson left the firm to pursue a career with the City of Gillette as one of their attorneys. This prompted the firm to update the name to Daly & Sorenson, LLC effective November 1, 2014.
The firm has evolved over the years and has had a steady growth of both attorneys and clients. We are proud of the former members of this firm that have gone on to become County Attorneys, City Attorneys, and Judges. We are also proud of the past and present paralegals, legal interns and staff that have helped us to maintain the high level of professionalism you see today.
In 2017, our friend and partner, Matthew Sorenson, passed suddenly in a climbing accident. His integrity and friendship is missed daily by his family, the firm and our community.